Interested in growing food in the city? Keen to turn your waste into valuable resources?
Apply to attend the Octopus Garden’s summer apprenticeship training and you’ll learn all this and more.
From the 3rd to the 13th of February, Eco Brick Exchange, together with The V&A Waterfront and Musgrave Spirits and will be running another Urban Farming apprenticeship programme. The programme will be hosted at the newly established Octopus Garden in the V&A Waterfront. This will be an ideal opportunity for anybody interested in growing food or starting a new business in the permaculture industry to learn critical new skills including companion planting and waterwise gardening practises. Taking the environmental focus of the Octopus Garden into consideration, participants will also become familiar with EcoBrick and EcoBlock skills.
Here's all the information:
- Application window - 21 - 30 January
- 8 Candidates selected and informed and will be informed by the 31st of January.
- The apprenticeship programme runs from the 3rd to the 13th of February and upon completion, participants will be issued a certificate.
- The 5-day programme will run over a two-week window. Onsite days will be: 3, 5 ,7, 11,13th February with research assignments to be completed on the days in between.
- Daily stipend will be given to each delegate to cover transport and lunch
The 8 candidates who are selected will gain the following experience:
- Implementing companion planting
- Water wise gardening practises
- EcoBrick and EcoBlock skills training
- Garden tour guiding experience
- Garden presentation skills
- Mentorship with an experienced edible garden designer