Victoria and Alfred Waterfront Holdings (PTY) LTD
RIGHT OF ADMISSION RESERVED
The object of the rules is to provide a safe environment for all visitors and pedestrians on the V&A Waterfront property, and to ensure all safety zones, fire and emergency access routes remain fully operational.
- V&A Waterfront is a private property and Management reserves its right of admission to any person.
- The V&A is part of a working harbour with colourful boats, diverse sea life, and lots of unprotected sea edges. These are all part of the magic of the Waterfront, and we encourage you to enjoy the sights while keeping your children under careful supervision.
- If a child gets lost, they will be taken to one of our Information kiosks, located on the ground level, outside Nespresso and outside Tasha’s. Kiddies tags are available at the information kiosks and we encourage parents to tag their kids once they arrive at the V&A Waterfront.
- Respect – The V&A is a place of discovery for all our visitors, as well as the people who work here. As much as we endeavour to offer great service and treat our visitors with respect, we ask that this respect is reciprocated to our staff.
- Unfortunately, due to hygiene reasons – dogs (even on leashes) are not permitted inside our various buildings (e.g. Victoria Wharf, Alfred Mall etc.) Guide dogs however, are allowed.
- Our buildings are non-smoking venues – all interior and exterior areas of premises are strictly no smoking. This means smoking, e-cigarettes or vaping are prohibited from all non-designated smoking areas across our property.
- Anyone caught shoplifting will be banned from the shopping centre
- All persons entering these premises, including the parking, are deemed to consent to the person and property being searched.
In the interest of safety and to ensure an enjoyable visiting experience, the following are strictly prohibited in the V&A Waterfront.
- Begging, solicitation & scratching in bins
- Informal traders or stalls
- Consumption of alcohol / substances
- Smoking or vaping
- Animals (with the exception of guide dogs)
- Firearms & weapons
- Group demonstrations
- Erecting or displaying handwritten notices, posters or stickers
- Handing out flyers or business cards
- Displays or notices of a political or religious nature
- Anti-social behaviour of any kind
- Tampering with any security or firefighting equipment or systems
- Use of skateboards, scooters, hoverboards, wheelies & roller skates – however we welcome these at Battery Park – our state-of-the-art skate park!
- Shopping trolleys may not be used for any other purpose than transporting your shopping to your vehicle
- Removing shopping trolleys from the property
- Using shopping trolleys for deliveries
- Activities of any kind which may jeopardise the safety of any person or any area in any way whatsoever
Getting to and around the V&A Waterfront
- Many areas of the V&A are for shared use by pedestrians, cyclists, joggers and motorists. Pedestrians should be given right of way. (Being a walkable area is what makes the V&A Waterfront such a great destination where families can stroll around to enjoy the attractions!)
- Hired wheelchairs are available from our Info Kiosks. We ask that these are not removed from the property and are returned to the Information Kiosks before 9pm.
- Hired push prams are also available from our Info Kiosks. Please do not remove these from the property and return them to the Info Kiosks before 9pm.
The following require prior written consent from centre management:
- The selling of raffle, charity tickets or any other products in aid of charity
- Filming or photographic shoots without a film permit
- Flash mobs
- Social media activations or campaigns
Car Park & External Areas:
To ensure safety and a pleasant experience extends to the V&A Waterfront external areas, the following are prohibited specifically in the car park and other external areas:
- Skateboarding, scooters, BMX bikes, rollerblading & hoverboarding
- Dumping of rubbish
- Washing of vehicles
- Vehicle repairs
- Storage /overnighting of vehicles
- Swimming and fishing in the canals
- Please respect the environment and our neighbours by refraining from loud music, littering, open fires, fireworks, tents, umbrellas and weapons.
- Kindly note as per the rules for the rest of our neighbourhood, drones are not permitted at Battery Park.
- We welcome the following at Battery Park: stand up paddle boarding, canoeing, water biking and the ATC swimming club, dogs on leashes, skating, basketball, sports activities on lawn, yoga/meditation/pilates, picnics and functional gym classes.
- Activities which are not permitted include diving, fishing, jet skis and fires
- Please note, Battery Park will operate during daytime hours only
- Did you know? There is a shower facility in Battery Park that is for use by anyone who pays a monthly membership fee. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The V&A Waterfront reserves its right to amend the house rules from time to time without prior notice.