These terms and conditions are binding and enforceable against the user of this website and may be updated by the V&A Waterfront from time to time. Any use of this website after an update or modification to the website means that the user have accepted such update or modification and are bound thereby. Access to and the use of this website shall be subject to the following terms and conditions:
1) “we”,”us”, “our” and “V&A Waterfront” means V&A Waterfront Holdings (Pty) Ltd or its authorised representatives
2) “website” means the internet set with the address www.waterfront.co.za
All information on this website is intended to provide the user with information about the V&A Waterfront, its services and its objectives.
The information posted on this website is neither an offer nor an invitation to do business with the V&A Waterfront.
This website is a medium to promote the V&A Waterfront.
This website carries adverts, promotional material and content for shop owners at the V&A Waterfront and of companies and individuals not related to the V&A Waterfront.
Products quoted on this website by a shop owner are subject to such terms and conditions as the proprietor of such shop may impose.
The V&A Waterfront does not act as a facilitator of electronic transactions between the user and the shop owners, companies or individuals on this website.
Any use of or reliance by the user on advertising or promotional material is entirely at the user’s own risk.
No Warranties or Representations:
The V&A Waterfront is the owner of this website and access thereto is provided to the user without any warranties of any nature and more particularly without any warranty as to any of the products or services that appear on this website; The V&A Waterfront is not liable for any damages whatsoever relating to the advertising material or the publication thereof on this website; The aforesaid includes, without limitation, any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, whether arising out of contract, statute, delict or otherwise and regardless of whether the V&A Waterfront were expressly advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
Hyperlinks may be provided on this website; The user shall not interpret such hyper linking as constituting any relationship between the V&A Waterfront and any linked third party, nor shall the user interpret such hyperlink as an endorsement by the V&A Waterfront of such third party; Any use of or reliance by the user of such hyperlinks is at the user’s own risk.
The user agrees that the V&A Waterfront may terminate the use of or access to this website without notice and without having to furnish the user with any reasons. The user specifically indemnifies the V&A Waterfront against any claim that the user might have arising out of the termination of the use or access to this website.
SOCIAL MEDIA PROTOCOL
For decades, numbers were the basis of our business. We knew how many of you were coming through our doors, parking in our garages, eating at our restaurants and staying in our hotels - but that's all we knew. Sure, some of you signed up for our database and a handful of you wrote us emails when you needed to get in touch but that is as much as we could find out about who you were, why you visited the V&A and what you needed from us. That was until we all became more social.
We set up a Facebook page and got active on Twitter because we wanted the opportunity to get to know you, to share information quickly and deliver an even better experience. We already had a world class Information Centre, staffed with some highly trained and passionate people but the world was moving towards digital and we have moved with it. What that means is you can connect with us and can find out about all the reasons why you may want to be here before you've even arrived, all thanks to Social Media.
While Social Media may be digital, there are people responding to your questions. Between our office hours (9am to 6pm Monday to Friday), we aim to respond to you within 2 hours. And after hours, we will do our best to answer questions posted to our Facebook wall or via Twitter within 12 hours of you posting them. If you need to get in touch with us urgently, you can reach us on +2721 408 7600, at any time of the day or night. Remember, social media is not the only way you can reach us.
We love connecting with you here, so please feel free to post comments or questions, participate in conversations and comment on our posts. We want your constructive feedback so we can respond to your needs, but we also have some house rules because we need you to respect us as much as we respect you.
1) We believe that both our posts and your comments need to be relevant and respectful to this community as a whole.
2) We reserve the right to delete or untag any posts or photos that we deem inappropriate. Our Facebook wall is also not a classified ads page so please do not use it as such. For the sake of our community, repeat offenders may be reported and blocked from our page.
3) We believe that everyone deserves respect so please support your community members and look out for one another. We are here to look out for you too and will not tolerate any kind of abuse.
4) Please do not share your personal information here. Keep your details safe by sending us a private message or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5) While social media may be your first point of contact with us, our communication may need to continue telephonically or via email.
6) Remember, by using or interacting with our page, you agree to comply with Facebook's Terms of Service
The V&A Waterfront is a mixed-used destination the size of 180 rugby fields. We have 450 retailers, over 80 eateries, 10 hotels, a marina, an active fishing industry, 20 leisure tenants, an aquarium, a fresh food market, 16 000 people who work here on a daily basis, and 23 million people who visit annually. This paints a pretty good picture of what a day in the life of this dynamic Waterfront is like.
Welcome to the V&A Waterfront!
All elements of the V&A Waterfront website, including, but not limited to, the general design and the imagery, are protected by trade restrictions, copyright, moral rights, trademark and other laws relating to intellectual property rights.
Except if explicitly permitted under this or another agreement with the V&A Waterfront or one of its subsidiaries, no portion or element of this website or its contents may be copied or transmitted via any means.
This website, its contents and all related rights shall remain the exclusive property of the V&A Waterfront or its licensors unless otherwise expressly agreed. Any unauthorised use, alteration or dissemination of information on this website is prohibited.
Should the user breach the aforesaid terms of this clause, the V&A Waterfront will have the right to claim damages which include the right to claim special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages. The V&A Waterfront will also be entitled to claim for loss of profits and loss of business and will be entitled to recover all legal costs on a scale as between attorney and own client.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
All reasonable steps will be taken to secure the user’s information.
It is expressly prohibited for any person, business or entity to gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to any page on this website, or to deliver or attempt to deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code to this website. Any person who delivers or attempts to deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code to this website or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this website shall be held criminally liable.
- Any information provided to the V&A Waterfront whether on any forms completed through this website and any information which the V&A Waterfront have about the user, will be regarded as personal information, and subject to the Terms and Conditions incorporated herein, shall be treated as private and confidential.
- No personal information will be disclosed to third parties without the user’s permission; however; the V&A Waterfront may share personal information with associated business partners.
- The V&A Waterfront gathers and will be in possession of the following private and personal information of users:
- Information provided by the user voluntarily; and
- Information automatically provided – this information is gathered to improve the efficiency of your browsing on the V&A Waterfront website.
- By using this website the user consents to the following:
- The V&A Waterfront may use your personal information for communication purposes from time to time. Users may request to be removed from any communication system at any time;
- The V&A Waterfront may use the user’s information for statistical purposes;
- The V&A Waterfront may use the user’s personal information in the ordinary course of its business and for promotions and marketing;
- The V&A Waterfront retains the copyright in databases of personal information of users;
- The V&A Waterfront may share the user’s information with associated business partners for commercial purposes;
- The V&A Waterfront will release the user’s personal information to a party if it believes that it is required by law or by a court to do so;
- The V&A Waterfront will also disclose the user’s personal information if it believes that it is necessary to prevent or lessen any unlawful or harmful action.