Calling all street performers, circus acts, buskers, musicians, artists, clowns, mimes and entertainers….the first Cape Town Buskers Festival needs you!
To be held at the V&A Waterfront from 1 to 11 November 2018, the Buskers Festival will feature several stages and over a hundred performances over two weekends.
- You’re a freelance performer with a killer, family-friendly act and the ability to whip a crowd into a frenzy
- You have an act of 45-minutes that you can perform at least twice a day
- Your act is relatively self-contained and able to set up and strike quickly Then you’re what we’re looking for!
- Marketing and promotion
- Staging (basic tech, lighting and sound) and support
- Crowd control and security
- Licences, insurance and permits to perform in public
- A nominal stipend to cover your transport costs and meals – R500 per act per day.
Your job is to perform – and to get your ‘hat’ filled with cash from the passing crowd…100% of what you raise, you keep.
How to be part:
- EITHER come along to one of the audition days at the V&A Waterfront Amphitheatre on 11, 13 & 15 September, anytime between 12pm and 4pm, and give us a taste of what you can do. Registration takes place between 10h00 – 11h00.
- OR, if you can’t make those auditions, grab your phone and film a short video of you doing your thing.
- Whichever of the above two methods you use, you need to complete the application form at www.capetownfringe.co.za/buskers before 5pm on 1 October 2018.
- If you have any questions, email us – email@example.com
For more visit http://www.ctbuskersfestival.co.za or follow the social media channels: