Embark on a fully guided tour to South Africa’s famous World Heritage Site: walk in the footsteps of Nelson Mandela, tour the island’s rich fauna and flora treasures, visit the lime quarry where the political prisoners worked, and see the village where former warders lived. The standard tour to Robben Island is 3.5 hours long, including the two half-hour ferry rides. The ferries can carry 150 people and they depart four times per day, weather permitting, from the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town. The Robben Island Tour includes:
• A return boat trip across Table Bay
• A visit to the infamous aaximum security prison
• Interaction with an ex-political prisoner
• A 45-minute bus ride with a guide who provides commentary
• The opportunity to explore the Murray’s Bay Harbour precinct attractions, such as the Muslim shrine, or kramat, and the museum shop.