Situated at the foot of Table Mountain in South Africa’s iconic Waterfront, lies the V&A Marina. Within a protected harbour environment, the V&A Marina offers the cruising visitor a berth and a host of services and facilities in the greater V&A Waterfront. The V&A Marina is accessed from Granger Bay through the Victoria and the Alfred Basins under the Swing Bridge.
• Port Control maintains a listing watch on VHF Ch 14
• The Call Sign for Port Control is “Cape Town Port Control”
• The Marina is called the “V&A Marina”
• The Swing Bridge maintains a working watch on VHF Ch 71
• The Call Sign for The Swing Bridge is “Swing Bridge”
• The Swing Bridge controls the opening of the blue Bascule Bridge
• 12 visitor berths are available in the V&A Marina
• Maximum length of yacht berths are 12m (36 foot)
• Two 30m (100 foot) berths are available
• Yacht and Power Cruisers over 30m (100 foot) should enquire about a berth 3 months in advance. These craft can also be docked in the Victoria or Alfred Basins on ship berths.
• Protective fendering is required and can be hired at an additional cost to the yacht or boat owner.
The following facilities are available. Please contact our Marina Manager for additional information email@example.com or +27 21 408 7579 / +27 21 408 7833 (office hours).
• Water and Electricity (220 V / 16AMP & 32AMP)
• Synchrolift (Operated by Port Authority)
• Fuelling (in Victoria Basin)
• Changing Rooms
• Showers and Heads
• Laundry Facilities
• On site Wi-Fi: Connectivity is available in the V&A Marina. Please contact the V&A Marina Manager for the log-in process and details.
• V&A Marina Yacht Ablution Facilities: The V&A Marina does not have a grey water pump out facility. Live aboards need to utilise the Marina Ablution Facilities, which are located next to the V&A Marina Yacht Office.
• Waste oil disposal to be done at the facilities provided adjacent the V&A Marina Yacht Offices.
• The tidal range in the V&A Marina is 1.8m LWOST. There are no installed tide gauges but the latest tidal data is obtainable from the SA Navy Hydrographer: www.sanho.co.za
• Yacht Chandler (Action Yachting: +27 21 419 4835) – located at the Royal Cape Yacht Club
• Synchrolift operated by Port Authority. Bookings done at the V&A Marina Yacht Office