Situated at the foot of Table Mountain in South Africa’s iconic Waterfront, lies the V&A Marina. Within a protected harbour environment, the V&A Marina offers the cruising visitor a berth and a host of services and facilities in the greater V&A Waterfront. The V&A Marina is accessed from Granger Bay through the Victoria and the Alfred Basins under the Swing Bridge and Bascule Bridge.
• Port Control maintains a listing watch on VHF Ch 14
• The Call Sign for Port Control is “Cape Town Port Control”
• The Marina is called the “V&A Marina”
• The Swing Bridge maintains a working watch on VHF Ch 71
• The Call Sign for The Swing Bridge is “Swing Bridge”
• The Swing Bridge controls the opening of the blue Bascule Bridge
• Visitor berths are available in the V&A Marina
• 100 foot berths are available
• Yacht and Power Cruisers over 30m (100 foot) should enquire about a berth 3 months in advance. These craft can also be docked in the Victoria or Alfred Basins on ship berths.
• Protective fendering is required.
The following facilities are available. Please contact our Marina Manager for additional information firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 21 408 7579 / +27 21 408 7833 (office hours).
• Water and Electricity (220 V / 16AMP & 32AMP)
• Synchrolift (Operated by Port Authority)
• Fuelling (in Victoria Basin)
• Changing Rooms
• Showers and Heads
• Laundry Facilities
• On site Wi-Fi: Connectivity is available in the V&A Marina. Please contact the V&A Marina Manager for the log-in process and details.
• V&A Marina Yacht Ablution Facilities: The V&A Marina does not have a grey water pump out facility. Live aboards need to utilise the Marina Ablution Facilities, which are located next to the V&A Marina Yacht Office.
• Waste oil disposal to be done at the facilities provided adjacent the V&A Marina Yacht Offices.
• The tidal range in the V&A Marina is 1.8m LWOST. There are no installed tide gauges but the latest tidal data is obtainable from the SA Navy Hydrographer: www.sanho.co.za
• Yacht Chandler (Action Yachting: +27 21 419 4835) – located at the Royal Cape Yacht Club
• Synchrolift operated by Port Authority. Bookings done at the V&A Marina Yacht Office