The V&A Waterfront was originally granted development rights of some 600 000m2 of bulk, of which approximately 180 000m2 is still available for development of new retail, office, hotel, residential, industrial and related projects.
The V&A Waterfront’s own Development Department is responsible for the expansion of the existing portfolio. The scope and diversity of development expertise is showcased across a variety of residential, retail, commercial and leisure developments. All buildings are retained within the V&A Waterfront’s own portfolio and, as such, the V&A will also remain as landlord post completion.
Sustainable development is fundamental to the V&A Waterfront’s development strategy. A rigorous approach has been adopted with regards to green construction and sustainable design principles, and the efficient use of natural and energy resources.Projects currently in development include:
- Silo No 3: 78 Sectional Title Residential Units. Completion 2016
- Silo No 4: New Home to Virgin Classic Club with completion due 2016
- Silo No 5: Multi-tenanted Commercial, completion 2016
- Silo No 6: mid-market internationally branded hotel circa 240 keys
- Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa
- H&M/Hamleys extension currently underway in the Victoria Wharf
- Gateway: planning of mixed use, commercial office-led precinct development centred on old Dock Road and Canal